Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I really love the ideas you introduced (to me ;)) here - Fingolfin's tentative attempt to patch things up with Maedhros, and especially his happiness that Maedhros didn't scoff Fingon's admiration, unlike it had gone a generation earlier. Somehow, there doesn't seem to be much focus on the relationship between Fingolfin and his nephews on the Feanorian side, and if there is, Fingolfin tends to be all disapproving, so I'm doubly glad you suggested a different view that makes a lot of sense!

I love this story. I can't believe I haven't read it. Came looking for it because I just read Zopyrus' re-mix of it! They are both delightful stories. What fun! I felt all sentimental reading Fingolfin here. The way you paint him is very reminiscent to me of how I imagine Feanor and Fingolfin. Love your Maedhros too and Fingon is adorable--irrepressible! I owe you a better comment but you already know I love your work and I wore myself out by reading the re-mix first, assuming I had read and commented on this before. Kudos!!

I really like the way you write the relationship between Maedhros and Fingolfin! It was a nice mix of light-hearted and meloncholy, I think, especially when Fingolgin starts reminiscing. The story he tells about getting drunk with Feanor while trying to ask for wedding advice was really touching.

I especially liked the ending, with Fingon drunkenly interrupting, haha.

Great story!