Flowers and Fathers by LadyBrooke

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Written for Tolkien Femslash Week, Bingo Card prompt "First Age", in addition to the Teen Spirit prompts "Conflicts - embarrasing family" and "Stock Characters - smothering parents".

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Nimloth doesn't want her father or Lúthien's to know they're together. 

It's not because they would disapprove.

 

Major Characters: Lúthien Tinúviel, Nimloth

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Slash/Femslash

Challenges: Teen Spirit

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 292
Posted on 22 July 2018 Updated on 22 July 2018

This fanwork is complete.

Chapter 1

Read Chapter 1

"We shouldn't tell our fathers," Nimloth said, rolling over to look at where Lúthien was sitting in the middle of the glade, picking at flowers.

Lúthien turned her head to look at her. "Father wouldn't disapprove of it. Would Galathil?"

Nimloth shook her head, hair bouncing from side to side. "No. He'd just spend the next three months making sure we were both fine, telling me how proud he is of me, and then crying to Uncle Celeborn about how his baby is growing up. Uncle Elu would probably do the same, wouldn't he?"

Lúthien fell back against the tree. "He would."

"So we should spare ourselves and Uncle Celeborn. We just don't tell them until they figure it out themselves, and everything will be fine," Nimloth said.

"They're unlikely to find out at all unless someone tells them." Lúthien twisted two flower stems together as she spoke, frowning at the crumpled stems.

"Which is exactly why we should follow my plan." Nimloth looked at the flowers. "What are you doing?"

"I'm trying to make a flower crown for you," Lúthien said.

Nimloth sighed and rolled closer, placing her head in Lúthien's lap. "Give me the flowers and massage my shoulders, all you're doing is ruining a handful of flowers."

Lúthien laughed. "You tell me that every time I try to make one for you. Will you not let me do anything for you?"

"You can massage my shoulders for me, and make me one of those cakes I love. The poor flowers don't deserve this, though." Nimloth stuck her tongue out. "I'm faster at making them, as well. Do you really want to spend all our time together making a crown?"

"Do you have any suggestions for what else we should do?" Lúthien asked.

Nimloth kissed her hand. "Yes."


Chapter End Notes

The woes of being teenagers and your parents being all "My baby is growing up."

At least Nimloth would get a better reaction than Beren from Thingol.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.