Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


This is wild! So imaginative. I wonder if Tetra had seen some of the lovely fanart of Finrod that I am so fond of what he might have thought of those representations. One might venture to guess he could have found those much-admired images of our beautiful Felagund weird and offputting in appearance.

I rather liked Zeeza and Tetra, from this short glimpse I got of them, and the third chapter was heart-breaking. Even so, I'm glad Tetra found something to relate to, something to inspire him... and to remember Zeeza by. This was certainly a unique take on "space opera" - well done!

Wow, this is fascinating, and so evocative in such a small space! I'm especially impressed by Tetra's characterization. You seem to get straight to the heart of the character as a scholar thrust into the role of soldier, and lonely there. His sense of connection to Finrod seems ever so appropriate: I tend to imagine Finrod in much the same way, as a born explorer and eager student of the world, but too responsible to try to evade his duty as a king in wartime. (Not sure if that's your read on the character too--regardless, it certainly worked for me!) I also found Tetra's desire for a sort of kinship with this mysterious figure very moving. I've had times where I felt like the only people who seemed to understand just how I felt lived centuries ago. The way even a scrap of poetry can somehow make the world less lonely can be a powerful thing. Thanks for this fascinating and lovely story!