Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Thank you very much...:-)
I'm not sure when I get to continue with this (real world out there keeps interfering with my life) but I've got some ideas (general and specific) as to how I might continue...
Positive feedback is certainly a great motivation...;-)

(I've always felt like there are not enough fanfics about the marginal cultures from the legendarium and unexplored regions of Arda... I think for example Russian fanfic writers tend to cover that area a bit more - a great pity that a substantial language barrier lies between me and those stories...)

This is highly interesting! I had seen your drawing of Uldor on DeviantArt and wondered what kind of story might be behind it. (I've written a story about Uldor myself, but it is of a very different kind.)

I had to break off reading properly and just skim the rest of the chapter because of time issues, but I mean to come back to it at more leisure. Meanwhile I just thought I'd let you know I really liked the start.

Neither of them is decided at the point and I imagine Uldor especially is by no means giving up just yet. That's just that innocence and much of the original enthusiasm gone.
But I might want to slightly rephrase that bit, come to think of it. 

Thanks for the useful feedback...:-)

I landed here from Himring's profile of Bór and the lovely illustration. It is good to read a nuanced story about Ulfang-Ylpang. You've portrayed the uncertainty and uneasiness about both their futures so well.