Trust Not Blindly by Zdenka

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Written for Back to Middle-earth Month 2013; edited and posted for B2MeM 2016. The prompts were for B, Day 4: "Down the swift dark stream you go / Back to lands you once did know..." (The Hobbit, "Barrels Out of Bond") and I, Day 12: "For it seemed to her a thing strange and crooked in him, as indeed the Eldar ever since have deemed it: an evil fruit of the Kinslaying, whereby the shadow of the curse of Mandos fell upon the last hope of the Noldor." (The Silmarillion, "Of Maeglin")

I once saw a picture of Tuor wearing his swan-wing helmet, and it got me to thinking about similarities between him and the Swan Knight Lohengrin from Wagner’s opera. This fic is partly inspired by a scene in Lohengrin where the sorceress Ortrud tries to make Elsa doubt Lohengrin on the eve of her wedding to him. The title is taken from a line in that scene.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Idril has a troubling encounter with her cousin Maeglin on the morning of her betrothal to Tuor.

Major Characters: Idril, Maeglin

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Het

Challenges: B2MeM 2013, B2MeM 2016

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Mature Themes

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 603
Posted on 17 June 2016 Updated on 17 June 2016

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.