Sing, O Muse by arafinwean

Fanwork Information

Summary:

A collection of poems I've written over the years inspired by Tolkien's works. Most can be found on tumblr where they were first published.

Major Characters:

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Poetry

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 2, 982
Posted on 8 December 2017 Updated on 8 December 2017

This fanwork is a work in progress.

The First Age

this one is from when i was like, 15. that being said, if you see any poems on tumblr by k.j.c that's me. mostwiseofheart was my old blog. some of those old poems are still neat. here is one of them that i still like.

Read The First Age

Sing, O Muse, of the damned, of the wretched, of those clawing their way toward glory with bloodied fingers and torn open palms.

Sing, O Muse, of the House of Fëanor. Of the fire that crawled its way through their veins, of the whispers of glory and ash that fell beneath their skin. Sing of Oaths taken and blood spilled.

Sing, O Muse, of his children, of mighty Maedhros, golden voiced Maglor, of Celegorm the Fair, sing of dark Caranthir and crafty Curufin, of the twins Amrod and Amras who met their end at the Havens of Sirion.

Sing, O Muse of wise Nerdanel and Fëanor her husband, of the Oath he made their sons take again as he lay dying.

Sing of their deaths, of burning Maedhros and his bleeding younger brothers, of how lonely Maglor did not share his brothers fate, of how he wanders the shores still.

Sing, O Muse of the glory they tried to reach, of new kingdoms made only to be struck down in embers and flames.

Sing of glory O Muse,

Sing of legends,

Sing of the First Age.


Chapter End Notes

fifteen year old me had something for Homer and the line 'sing o muse' was my favorite at one point. i think that shows in this poem. whoops.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.