Thirty Day Character Challenge: Feanor by eris_of_imladris

| | |

Prompt 4

Prompt 4: Home Sweet Home, Part One. Think about a geographical location where your character lived. Learn more about what life in that location might have been like: the climate, topography, seasonal changes, flora and fauna, or anything else related to that physical location.


Fëanor spent most of his life in the city of Tirion, which is described canonically as:

  • The city was kept inside steep walls, and it was in the only passable area between the mountains of Pelóri created to keep Melkor away, the Calacirya. (although it didn’t work all too well)
  • The city is built on the hill of Túna, which is said to be a green hill placed so that the elves could see the stars they so loved.
  • Within the city walls, Ingwe’s tower stood in the center, with a great silver lantern shining out as a beacon. After the resettlement of many of the Vanyar, Finwë ruled over Tirion.
  • Finwë’s house (and the house where Fëanor would have grown up) was located just beneath.
  • The Great Square was here as well, where Fëanor and his sons swore their fateful Oath.
  • The city itself had white walls and terraces, and white crystal stairs rose from the fertile farmland beneath the city to the buildings and towers.

Table of Contents | Leave a Comment