The Ainu Ficlets by Raiyana

| | |

Making Waves

Ossë wants to play... Uinen has slightly different plans. - (344 words)


He found her far out to sea, reclining on a large rock as the light pierced the waters above her, flickering across her skin, the slow current of the deep moving her hair in gentle wafts randomly hiding parts of her form. Crabs scuttled back and forth, combing the strands that seemed to stretch beyond vision, though at the same time they were no longer than his arm.

“Come to play?” she drawled, lazily opening her eyes, and smiling, waving a hand at him in welcome. “The weather is nice – for now – but I can feel a storm rising not far from here… it promises to be spectacular.”

“I wonder who tested Manwë’s temper today,” Ossë mused, sinking down from the surface of the waves to join her; the rock was a halfway-point between their two loves, far enough below the water for Uinen, and far enough towards the waves for him to feel contentment, wrapping an arm around her and feeling one of the snaky tentacles she sometimes favoured for limbs run lightly up his leg, tickling at the back of his knee. Today, he had chosen finned feet, webbed for speed as he cut through the water like an arrow, the soft scales that covered him making him sleek and fast.

“Do you now, love?” she murmured, and suddenly he was the one lying on his back, her long hair spreading in the water around them, making his world green as it filtered the light. One of the crabs landed on his chest, making him gasp when it pinched sensitive flesh. Uinen laughed, picking the crab off him and soothing the sting with her tongue, just the right combination of raspy and soft to make him change his mind. This kind of play was not what he had planned when he spotted the dark clouds ahead, building up to a major storm, but when he tangled his hands in her hair and tugged her back up for a kiss, he figured that one way of making waves was as good as another…


Table of Contents | Leave a Comment