Lockdown Instadrabbling by Nienna

| | |

elegant, response, danger, eyes

Galadriel/Melian


Galadriel trailed after Melian while she strung the halls of Doriath with elegant flowers. Galadriel was impatiently waiting for a response to her last assignment, the one in which she had practiced singing things into being, starting with a blackberry. It had… sort of worked. At any rate, it appeared to be edible. It’s just that it was… quite large. And a peculiar shade of swirly dark pink. It was quite humorous, really. 

 

Galadriel sometimes had to remind herself that it was okay to be working on something of no practical value. (Although, she rationalized, you never know what will come in very handy. Like, for example, if her people were starving again.) Sweeping such thoughts aside, she reminded herself that in Doriath, there was no danger. It was like being in Valinor all over again, except this time, she was not limited to staying put. She could leave with relative ease, if she so chose, and there was a vast world out there, a world in which she could choose a portion to rule herself. But, after the Ice, Galadriel was perfectly happy staying in safe, comfortable, wondrously beautiful Doriath for a very, very long time. 

 

Especially now that Melian’s twinkling eyes were turning around to look at her, asking why on Arda she was being followed in silence for so long.


Table of Contents | Leave a Comment