I alone shall lead you by Rhapsody

| | |

I alone shall lead you

This was drabbled for the Word of the Day-drabble project where we attempt at writing a drabble or other short fiction every day, based on the Dictionary.com Word of the Day. Please see the story notes of Dawn's The Small and Secret Things for more information.


“Bring the horses, we will pass the hills near Eithel Sirion and intercept them.” I know they will regard me as a dissident opposing my father. Knowledge of our enemy is scarce under these starlit skies and I cannot ignore the voices of those birds that speak of evil approaching.

They must think I am mad in my adamant refusal to waste time on a discussion with Atar and will undoubtly see me as an instigator in this divided house. I rather leave now and face a rebuke in the morrow in order to rescue us from a sudden death.


Chapter End Notes

The word on the 27th of June 2007:

 

factious FAK-shuhs, adjective:

1. Given to faction; addicted to form parties and raise dissensions, in opposition to government or the common good; turbulent; seditious; prone to clamor against public measures or men; -- said of persons.

2. Pertaining to faction; proceeding from faction; indicating, or characterized by, faction; -- said of acts or expressions; as, factious quarrels.

 

Factious derives from Latin factiosus, from factio, a party, a group of people, especially a political party, faction, or side.


Table of Contents | Leave a Comment