Fire by Tarion Anarore

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Another B2MEM 08 submission, this one about Losgar. A possible glimpse into the thoughts and motivations of the "gentle" second son of Fëanor who did not, in fact, stand aside.

Major Characters: Maglor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Fixed-Length Ficlet, General

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 150
Posted on 3 April 2008 Updated on 3 April 2008

This fanwork is complete.

Fire

Read Fire

 

The torch in his hand flickered fiercely in front of his dark eyes. He watched, watched the fire dance before him, staring hard into the harsh, orange flames. Unforgiving. Ruthless. Cruel. Burning brighter and brighter, filling the sky and making his eyes sting from the smoke. (Or was it tears?) He heard a voice, one he had always trusted, and for a third time did not question, did not think. Instead, he angrily flung the torch toward the sea, already glowing with an eerie red light. The fire leapt eagerly at the white wood, but the snapping and splintering sound it made did not assuage the hurt. Nor did it burn away the memory of that fateful night and everything it thereafter caused: blood and tears and endless night. No, it burned those memories into his mind, so that ever he might see them clearly when he closed his eyes.

 


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.