Above It All by Alassante

| | |

Fanwork Notes

2009 MEFA 3rd Place Winner, Genres: Humor: General  (Singing Silmarils Series)

Fanwork Information

Summary:

The final drabble in the Singing Silmarils Series (say that five times fast!)

2009 MEFA 3rd Place Winner, Genres: Humor: General  (Singing Silmarils Series)

 

Major Characters:

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre:

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 198
Posted on 3 July 2008 Updated on 3 July 2008

This fanwork is complete.

Chapter 1

Read Chapter 1

~*~

'I feel pretty. Oh so pretty. I feel pretty and witty and bright!'

For so long I had to share the spotlight and glory with them. They often chided me that they were the true gems and I was only the spare. As if. Beren and Luthien picked me over them, because, after all, that beautiful Luthien was a snazzy dresser with excellent taste. But then all that mess with her son, Dior. Simply tragic. All because he had to be cocky and wear me in a necklace, flaunting me around. Of course, the Feanorians got all upset about it. They aren’t known for being rational after all. Do you know how hard it is to wash blood off ‘unknown material’? It is not as though Feanor left any washing instructions behind.

And then sometime later that drama queen Elwing had to go throw herself into the sea! Good thing the Valar realized I was best kept out of reach, sticking me on her husband’s brow. Here I am sitting pretty on Vingilot in the skies. What is a gem to do?

As I look down upon the lesser two Silmarils, I only have two words for them.

Neener Neener.

~*~



Chapter End Notes

A/N I Feel Pretty ~ Words by Stephen Sondheim from the musical West Side Story
Silmaril belongs to JRRT himself. I own nothing.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


This silmaril sure is conceited, hmmm?  But I disagree with it about Luthien having “excellent taste”... I mean, she chose Beren.  Honestly.  ;)  The line “it is not as though Feanor left any washing instructions behind” was quite amusing.  I’m so glad you wrote this!