Blue by Red Lasbelin

| | |

Fanwork Notes


Fanwork Information

Summary:

The day Glorfindel became Lord of the Golden Flower. Nominated for MEFA 2008 by Phyncke.

Major Characters: Glorfindel

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 1, 165
Posted on 22 July 2008 Updated on 22 July 2008

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


This is an interesting examination of Glorfindel's possible history. I like the fact that you not only give him a developed personality and backstory, but enable the reader to imagine his father and brother as well. Made we wish it was the beginning of a story instead of a one-shot character study. Love to know more about his mother’s bio. Wonder if she was Vanyarin? If so, which I think is likely, poor thing to be stuck there in Gondolin with all those crazy Noldor. (Well, I guess at least some of the crazier ones were someplace else.) I've always been interested in the fact that 90 percent of the Noldor (women and children included) went to M-e. They had to have been a pretty fed-up bunch. Oops, I must stop! I'm getting carried away with my own canon speculations here.
Interesting story though to make me want to expand and think about the environment surrounding it.

So glad to see you posting here!