Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Oooooh, this is nice! Well, erm, not nice in the sense that it is about one of the saddest moments of the Noldor but so well-written: dark and intense with some moments of foreshadowing that make me wince for knowing how it will really turn out. ("The full wrath of the Valar will aid him in this." Eep!)

The first line is excellent. I love to be plunged into a story like this. That he swallows viciously changes the feel of the whole sentence: I don't pity him or even worry for him. He is still fighting. I want to read on.

This line made me wubble: "‘I will not last the night.’ He had no time to say farewell to those he loved."

This is a great image: "He watched in detached calm the puddle of blood growing below him."

Again, very nicely done. I've been wanting to read this for a few days now. I'm glad I got the chance to. :)

Sorry for the late response. I think my spam filter snagged this review! I'm glad you liked it. I thought Finwe's death would have to have been horrifying not only because he was killed by Morgoth but also because it was the first death in Aman. Er...unless you count his wife but she chose to fade. Sadly this death was only the beginning :( Thanks for the review!