Fírimar by Ithilwen

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Do the Elves in Aman ever look back at Middle Earth?

Major Characters: Finrod Felagund

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 896
Posted on 10 May 2009 Updated on 10 May 2009

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Finrod\'s too well-mannered to push his way past his rowdy Feanorian cousins, alas. It\'s a pity as he\'s quite an interesting Elf. I wish he\'d talk to me more often.

This is one of the very earliest stories I wrote (number 3, as I recall), and although stylistically a bit crude, I still like it a lot. I\'m glad you enjoyed it too.

Thank you for the wonderful review.  Can you believe that when I posted this story here, I'd forgotten it was the 40th anniversary of Apollo 11?!  Talk about fortuitous timing!

I'm glad you love this story as much as I do.  This fic is proof that muses are like lightning; they strike when and where they will.  This was only the second Silmfic I ever wrote!  I just got lucky.

I always thought Finrod had a real soft spot for Mortals.  He sees one of the few Silmarillion Elves who saw Men as something more than just useful allies.  I figured he'd be one of the last to lose interest in us and our doings.

Oh this was lovely. I've always wondered ever since reading about Noldor in Ennor would make pilgrimages to look into the palantir and maybe see Varda - whether there would be people on the other side of the ocean still looking to Ennor. The affectionate tone, the genuine interest - this is so very Finrod. Beautiful story.