Instadrabbling at the Ribbon-Cutting Event by elennalore

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Two drabbles (100 words) I wrote during the Ribbon-cutting event instadrabbling 25.04.2021.

The first is Silvergifting, prompt words daisy, riddle, sunlit, lawns

The second is Russingon, prompt words warmth, smile, memory, river

Major Characters: Celebrimbor, Fingon, Sauron

Major Relationships: Fingon/Maedhros, Celebrimbor/Sauron

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre:

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 2 Word Count: 214
Posted on 26 April 2021 Updated on 26 April 2021

This fanwork is complete.

Silvergifting drabble

Read Silvergifting drabble

It was a perfect day for picnic. Celebrimbor arranged it all. They had three hours before the Gwaith-i-Mírdain meeting. No time to go outside the city walls, but fortunately Ost-in-Edhil had many parks with sunlit lawns. They spread their blanket under a tree. Celebrimbor took hastily made sandwiches from a basket. Annatar opened wine and poured it in two glasses. Afterwards, Celebrimbor made him a daisy chain and put it on his head.

“You’re such a riddle,” Celebrimbor said. “I’d like to learn to know you better.”

Annatar just smiled. There was much he wanted to say, but not today.

Russingon drabble

Read Russingon drabble

The moment of parting is always the hardest. Then I just ride away. I don’t turn back to see you standing there, smiling encouragingly. We never know if it’s the last time. When I’m with you I forget the war – despite your maimed hand, or perhaps just because of it. We don’t linger in the past; we don’t think of the future. I already miss your warmth when you hold me close.

We both know we must harden ourselves to survive. That’s why I don’t look back. When I cross the first river, I let go the memory of you.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.