Bruised Fruit, Bruised Egos by Dawn Felagund, Himring, , catadromously, , Kaylee Arafinwiel

| | |

Arafinwiel's Accounting Before the Lindaran (Kaylee Arafinwiel)

Written for Instadrabbling to the prompts Kick - Swim - Airborne – Rigging, this chapter was written by me (Kaylee) to show how Artanis had to account for The Bruised Fruit Incident to her maternal grandparents. I'd be thrilled if someone showed the Noldorin side of the matter! (hint, hint, co-author frens? :D)

Lirille, Olwe's queen in my writing, and Lindarion, their firstborn son (Earwen's brother) originated with Fiondil, and I use these OC names in his honor. 

Marillien, Lindarion's daughter, is my creation though. :D


"Tell me what happened."

"But Anatar, you already know--" Artanis burst out. A look from Olwe silenced her. Of course Finwe had sent messages from Tirion along with the two young nissi, but still.

 

"Tell me again," the Lindaran said, with greater patience than Marillien felt was warranted. She shifted slightly closer to Artanis, who put an arm around her shoulders. Artanis, for her part, was doing her best to put off saying anything to Olwe or, for that matter, Lirille, who sat on her throne beside her husband's, the two looking down at their scapegrace granddaughters with deceptively mild expressions. Marillien kicked Artanis' ankle, making the taller nis yelp a little.

 

"Anatar, I swear it wasn't our fault," she began, risking a look at her Uncle Lindarion who stood on his father's right as haryon. Lindarion looked disapprovingly at his niece and daughter, raising an eyebrow.

 

"Was it not, inye? Do elaborate," Olwe replied.

 

"We were just selling fruit in the market in Tirion, as it was our turn," Artanis began, realizing she was simply swimming in deeper waters. "When our Noldorin cousins began causing a scene, especially Curufinwe."

 

"Your Noldorin cousins, Earweniel. And your brother," Marillien reminded her. Artanis shrugged.

 

"Curufinwe Curufinwion, very well," Olwe gestured impatiently. "He and his...accomplices, including Aicanaro--" and wouldn't she be having words with her brother, she thought furiously "decided on rigging up some scheme, as usual," Artanis grimaced. "Whatever it was ended up with Curufinwe streaking like a spear-shot through the market crowds and right into our stall."

 

"Fully clothed," Marillien added helpfully so her cousin's meaning was not misconstrued.

 

"Thank the Valar," Artanis muttered. "And the fruit ended up airborne, then bruised and unsellable. The rest you know."


Table of Contents | Leave a Comment