Comfort Fanfiction Book Club

Fanfiction Book Club - The Comfort Fanfic Book Club, 26 December 2021

Fans of comfort, fluff, fix-its, eucatastrophes, hurt-comfort, and happily-ever-afters (I see you, Sam Gamgee), your moment has arrived. The Comfort Fanfiction Book Club is here! After the last couple of years, who couldn’t do with a little comfort, a fix-it or ten, eucatastrophe (Turin is definitely in for that one), and a happily-ever-after?

The Comfort Fanfiction Book Club will be held on Sunday, 26 December 2021 on our Discord server. Your hosts for this event are Lilith and Aipilosse.

Submissions must meet the SWG criteria for a Silmarillion fanwork. Stories, dribbles, standalone excerpts, and poetry are all eligible for this book club, though we suggest an upper limit of around 5,000 words. Please sign up only your own work. We will close the sign-up at midnight UTC on the 22nd and post the schedule by the 23rd.

You can sign up for the Comfort Fanfiction Book Club here.

We’ll start by limiting sign-ups to one work per person, but depending on demand, we may open it up to additional submissions at a later date. There are no restrictions on rating, but NSFW fanworks will be discussed in a separate channel.

If you sign up, please plan on attending to discuss the work of a couple other authors. If you’d like to participate without submitting your own work, we’d love to have you!

To learn more about participating in, attending, or hosting a fanfiction book club, see our book club FAQ.

To join our Discord server: If you are a logged-in member, you will see an invite link in the footer of all pages on the site. If you're not an archive member, you can contact the moderators for an invite link.


Posted on 18 December 2021 (updated 1 January 2022) by Dawn Felagund