Fanfic Book Club: Female Characters Book Club

Fanfiction Book Club banner - Female Characters Book Club March 26-27

Female characters in Tolkien's universe are often left on the margins of canon. This is our chance to celebrate the imagination of fanfiction authors and how the community envisions female characters.

We will be hosting a book club for female-centric stories on March 26-27, 2022 on our Discord server on the #fanfiction-book-club and #fanfiction-book-club-nsfw channels. Your hosts for this event are @Melesta and @Sidra. While sign-ups are now filled and closed, all are welcome to join in discussing this round of stories. If you are not a member of our Discord server and would like to join, log into your site account and find an invite link in the footer of the site. If you're not a member of the site, contact our moderators for an invite code.

Schedule

All times are in UTC. Here is a timezone converter if you need to convert to your timezone. Please keep in mind that Daylight Savings Time begins this weekend for some locations!

Saturday - March 26th

14:00 - AdmirableMonster‘s i’ll be waiting here till the stars fall out of the sky

15:00 - Aipilosse‘s The Nature of Stone

Break

17:00 - Melesta‘s Politics, War and Love

18:00 - cuarthol‘s That She Might Render Aid

Break

20:00 - elennalore‘s Waiting for Tyelperinquar

21:00 - starlightwalking's elwenya

Sunday - March 27th

14:00 - Idrils_Scribe‘s A Web of Stars (Chapter 4)

15:00 – Anérea‘s In Light Of Dreams

Break

17:00 - undercat‘s Last Year's Words Belong to Next Year's Language

18:00 - JazTheBard‘s You Belong Among the Wildflowers

Break

20:00 - SkyEventide's To die in the light

21:00 - asterisq‘s The answer lies in limbo and the harvest will be hard

Please remember that, while we do not require authors whose work is being discussed to participate in discussing the work of others, we ask that authors make a good faith effort to attend and discuss the work of at least two other authors. If you'd like to know more about how book clubs work, see our book club FAQ.


Posted on 27 February 2022 (updated 26 March 2022) by Dawn Felagund