Second Lives, Second Chances by chrissystriped

| | |

Chapter Four


“You’ve been uncharacteristically quiet all day.”

Glorfindel started at Rog’s words. They had taken their dinner out into the vineyard, sitting on a blanket between the vines. He sighed and looked out into the distance.

“I have something to tell you and I don’t know how.” He took a deep breath. “I’m leaving. And I want you to come with me.”

“Leaving? Where to?”

Rog’s brows were drawn together and Glorfindel squirmed a little. Maybe he should have told him before petitioning the Valar…

“To Middle-earth. Our people are still fighting Sauron and I want to help them. And I know you want to go home. So when the Valar decided to allow me this grace, I asked them, if I could take someone with me and they agreed.”

Rog stared at him, his face a blank mask, and Glorfindel fidgeted nervously.

“Are you angry with me? I know I should have told you earlier, but I didn’t want to get your hopes up, in case they denied me…”

“Angry?”, Rog shouted and embraced him so passionately that Glorfindel ended up on his back. “You make it possible for me to go back home and you ask if I’m angry?” He peppered his face with kisses. “You foolish, wonderful person! When are we leaving?”

Glorfindel laughed relieved. “Soon. Before the seasons turn again.”

Rog sat up, his mirth gone. “I will not fight, though”, he said. “I put that behind me.”

Glorfindel squeezed his hand. “I won’t try to keep you. I know you’ll want to wander.”

“And I will not leave you forever. I’ll always come back to you, I promise.”

The sun kissed their skin as they made love between the vines. Rog did not stay this night, either, for all that Glorfindel had hoped, he would. Sometimes he wanted to ask: “Do you not trust me?” But he didn’t — because he did not know what would become of them if the answer was Yes.

Actions


Table of Contents | Leave a Comment