Of Beginnings by Elwin Fortuna

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Yavanna's busy at the beginning of Time. 

Major Characters: Yavanna

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Ficlet, General, Humor

Challenges: Restoration and Rebuilding

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 171
Posted on 21 August 2022 Updated on 21 August 2022

This fanwork is complete.

Of Beginnings

Read Of Beginnings

From the rock comes earth, from wind and wave and the passage of time. Then from the earth comes life.

Yavanna is a tree, planting herself. She is grass, spreading across the wide valley below the mountains. She is a flower, springing up in a fragrant meadow. She is seed and decay, flower and fruit.

No one marks or measures the passage of Time in these early days of Arda. No one needs to. Aüle works his forges, Manwë soars on the wind, Varda fashions stars and plants them in the heavens, and Yavanna creates life itself, carefully carving it out within the bounds of Iluvatar’s decrees.

She gets creative. Cats, for sharpness and softness. Dogs, for faithfulness and loyalty to the Children. Horses to carry them, cows to feed them. Oliphaunts, because she can. Kangaroos! Alligators! Giraffes! Capybaras! Hey, she’s an artist, leave her alone. She loves each and every one of her creations, and all of them have some purpose, even if pandas seem excessively specialist.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.