About Losgar Again by oshun

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Tree and Flower Awards, Drama, First Place

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Losgar Challenge, For March 2: Defiance is defined as the willingness to contend or fight. Write a story or poem or create artwork where the characters defy authority in some way.

Summary: Maedhros defied his father. Maglor did not.

Major Characters: Maedhros, Maglor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges: B2MeM 2011

Rating: General

Warnings:

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 272
Posted on 6 March 2011 Updated on 6 March 2011

This fanwork is complete.

Chapter 1

Read Chapter 1

Losgar Passport Stamp

Macalaurë sat down on the edge of the bed. Maitimo tried without success to avoid wincing against the slight dip of the mattress. The act of doing so caused him to tense the muscles in his shoulder and arm making the grimace more obvious.

“I hurt you,” Macalaurë said. “I am so sorry.” He tried to stand, but Maitimo grabbed him with his left hand.

“Don’t move. Stay here.”

The sigh Macalaurë released seemed to hold within it all the regret of two worlds. “I had another nightmare. About Losgar again. I should have supported you there. Everything . . . everything might have been different.”

“Please! You are wearing me out. How many times do we have to discuss this? There was nothing you could have done at Losgar to help me. I’m glad I confronted him. Not sorry that I didn’t try to physically stop him though. And if you had challenged him also, others might have suffered. As it was, he could look on me as simply a sole blithering lunatic who had lost his nerve.”

Macalaurë’s month twitched into something that almost became a smile. “You looked the part.” He took hold of Maitimo’s hand and squeezed.

“I’ll bet I did!” Maitimo said, remembering his snotty nose, the harsh chest pains, and the tears in his eyes, none of which had been caused by the soot and smoke. “He heaped on me all the opprobrium he might have dumped on others less able to withstand it.”

“You take too much onto yourself.”

“This discussion has come full circle. Sing me a song?”


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


"a sole blithering lunatic who had lost his nerve...”
"his snotty nose, the harsh chest pains, and the tears in his eyes..."

Thinking about that now. I gather the Silmarillion account of that conversation is to be taken as heavily edited.  I tend to assume the same thing. I suspect one doesn't really want to know exactly what Feanor said to him, if he thinks his brothers couldn't have taken it!