Underwater friends by daughterofshadows

| | |

Underwater Friends


Ossë drifted through the dark waters. Down here, at the deepest points of the ocean, the fish were of a most peculiar sort.

Large, bulbous eyes, sharp teeth, and some even glowed in the dark! Starlight would never reach them, so instead they had created their own.

They were alien and the Eruhíni would probably think them terrifying if they were to ever lay eyes on one of them.

Ossë felt a strange kinship with them.

He, too, was feared for the dangers he wrought, the otherness in his heart, so different from gentle Uinen.

These fish did not care.

 


Uinen felt sunlight caress her shoulders as she let gentle currents carry her through the reef. Around her corals bloom, as colourful as a field of flowers.

The fish dwelling here were bright, and playful, darting in and out between sea anemones and corals, and Uinen delighted in their company.

Gardens of the sea, Vána had called the reefs once, but Uinen didn’t agree. No one tended to these reefs, not like Yavanna tended to her gardens, or Vána tended to her flowers. They grew best when left alone.

And to Uinen, the wildness made them all the more beautiful.


Table of Contents | Leave a Comment