Innumerable Stars 2024

Innumerable Stars is a Tolkien fandom gift exchange for all works by Tolkien or associated with Middle-earth.

People Who Participate in Innumerable Stars are:

  • Interested in and excited about multiple Tolkien-based canons.
  • Interested in their fellow fans’ creativity in fanfiction and fanart, and excited to explore their own.
  • Open to creating and receiving any one of a number of different prompts or ideas.
  • Happy to read and comment on the fanwork(s) they receive with thanks first of all, but also to read and comment on other fanworks in the exchange.

People Who Participate in Innumerable Stars will:

  • Generally read and create for a variety of slash, gen, het, adventures, fluff, dark, erotica, worldbuilding, etc.
  • Create their fanwork following their recipient’s prompts in good faith, and receive the fanwork(s) that have been given to them in good faith also.
  • Also write or draw “treats” for others in the exchange, if their own time and inspiration permits after they have completed their assignment,. These are not required but they add to the fun and excitement of the exchange!
  • Create their fanwork without the use of AI, be it in writing or art.

What Innumerable Stars is NOT:

You do not have to be open to or interested in every type of fanwork to participate.  However, Innumerable Stars is not for anyone interested in just one character, pairing, or scenario. Nor is it for people who find stories or art containing material they are not interested in offensive because it exists. If either of these apply, we wish you well, but this is not the exchange for you.

Schedule

Nominations Open: Sunday, 04 August 2024, 8:00 PM UTC

Nominations Close: Sunday, 18 August 2024, 8:00 PM UTC

Sign-ups Open: Sunday, 18 August 2024, 11:59 PM UTC

Sign-ups Close: Sunday, 01 September 2024, 8:00 PM UTC

Assignments Out: Monday, 02 September 2024, 8:00 PM UTC

Assignments Due: Sunday, 6 October 2024, 8:00 PM UTC

Works Revealed: Sunday, 13 October 2024, 8:00 PM UTC

Authors Revealed: Sunday, 20 October 2024, 8:00 PM UTC