Meeting the In-Laws by awwyeah107

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Caranthir is nervous about meeting Haleth’s father and brother for the first time. Haleth is sure everything will go well.

Major Characters: Caranthir, Haleth, Haldad, Haldar

Major Relationships: Caranthir/Haleth

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Family, Fluff, General, Humor

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 1, 315
Posted on 13 August 2024 Updated on 13 August 2024

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

So, this morning, the idea of Caranthir meeting Haleth’s father and brother and being awkward and nervous about it popped into my head. As soon as I could, I started writing it, and then bam, the fic basically wrote itself with minimal editing. It practically fell out of my brain fully formed, which virtually never happens. (I’ve never written and published a fic in the same day, so this is a fun experience for me!)

However, a side effect of this is that I had all of the interactions thought out…but no actual defined setting. Or time period. XD So, the setting/time period could be interpreted in different ways. This could be an AU where Haldad and Haldar are actually alive and somehow Caranthir got married to Haleth before he met them. This could be an AU where after Caranthir dies and goes to the halls of Mandos, he managed to get into whatever afterlife exists for men. This could be an AU post-Dagor Dagorath/the breaking of the world and Caranthir hadn’t met Haleth’s father and brother yet because he’d been too busy reuniting with his family. Any of those options and more are viable. (Just to give you an idea of what I envisioned when I wrote each scene, I somehow started off writing this in a pretty concrete environment—a living room—and then pictured the actual meeting in a bright, open space that one could imagine as the halls of Mandos. That’s as specific as I got. I kind of like this as a post-Dagor Dagorath AU, but feel free to imagine this scenario in whatever AU you would like.)

Customary disclaimer: I do not own The Silmarillion or any of the characters in it. Also, I do NOT give permission to ANYONE to feed this into ChatGPT or any other AI, or to repost it onto another website or public platform without my consent. Please treat my work with respect.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.