August challenge at tolkienshortfanworks on Dreamwidth

The August challenge has been posted to the tolkienshortfanworks community on Dreamwidth.

The thematic challenge is: magic trees.

This could be any variety and degree of enchantment, powers or sentience: the Trees of Valinor, the White Tree, Old Man Willow, Huorns, Mirkwood, etc.

The formal challenge is: call and response.

This is essentially the idea that there is a leader or lead voice that makes the calls and a group that responds, whether in music and song, in poetry, or in dialogue and maybe other forms of prose.
Typical for call and response are all kinds of working songs from all over the world, choral music with solo voices, and some religious traditions. Think also of cheerleading and political speech-making and any kind of gathering where someone is trying to whip up a mood.
But feel free to adapt in any way you like. At a pinch, your chorus doing responses can be a group of one and you could have just two participants!

 Either prompt can be filled independently of each other and combined with other challenges that allow that, such as the SWG monthly challenges.

More details at the linked post.

New participants welcome.