Horse Fish? Mine? by Kaylee Arafinwiel

| | |

Fanwork Notes

 Ulmo's newest horse (Nokk/Nix/Kelpie) has escaped the confines of Ulmo's undersea stables and run (swum) away to the surface to have an adventure, followed by a small, clever fish. (One might even say a small 'stute Fish, but that's another fandom altogether.) Upon surfacing, the Nokk startles a nearby seagull, who has never seen a "horse fish" before. We know animals in the Legendarium may be capable of sentient thought and communication. What do these two make of each other? What does the small fish make of both of them? Who gave the Fish orders to trail the Nokk? Ulmo? Uin? Someone else? Or is it following for reasons of its own? What will come of this meeting, when Ulmo (or whoever) catch up with the Nokk? Then, too, how did it come to be in Ulmo's stable? Was it recently born? Given to the Lord of Waters? Is it a Maia in mer-horse form? 

(Art prompt for Scribbles & Drabbles 2024)

Fanwork Information

Description:

 A drawing of a nokk, which in this case is a blue horse with green fins and a green mane and tail swimming in the ocean. It has a thought bubble near its head reading: "Fish?? I am a Nokk!" Near the bottom swims a small grey fish. In the top right is a red buoy with a seagull perched on top. The speech bubble next to it reads: "Horsefish?? Mine?" (The Nokk is responding to the seagull, or trying to.)

Major Characters:

Major Relationships:

Genre:

Type:

Challenges:

Rating: Creator Chooses Not to Rate

Warnings:

Posted on 4 August 2024 Updated on 4 August 2024

Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.