Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I was quite sure that I had already reviewed this one, but apparently not! I have enjoyed this particular canon of yours very much. Maglor taking a break from wandering and living with others! It's soothing for me to think that he did spend Age after Age insane and starving walking along the beach--seriously! Not even a crazy kinslayer is capable of that. What if every warrior throughout history was compelled to do that or be damned or do it and be considered damned? Therein is where I find most interpretations of Maglor's life too harsh. Anyway, whatever your intent, I enjoy this story verse a lot.

I'm glad you realized you hadn't! Maglor living with others (or at least wandering Not On The Shore) is something I love exploring; I cannot see him doing that until he fades away. It's much more interesting, in my opinion, to explore what he's like wandering from place to place (whether in self-imposed exile, because others really won't accept him long-term, or because Elves living with mortals is easily a recipe for disaster).

The adoption and long-term living situation here came with the idea when I realized how the prompts fit together; one of the first solid things was Maglor having a sister. But I'm not sure I'll ever do something *that* radical again.

Thank you so much!