Retreat by Independence1776

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Written for the August challenge using the musical notation prompt.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Maglor makes a strategic retreat.

Major Characters: Maglor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Alternate Universe, General

Challenges: Notion Club Revival

Rating: General

Warnings:

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 156
Posted on 28 August 2019 Updated on 28 August 2019

This fanwork is complete.

Retreat

Read Retreat

Maglor dipped the quill in the red ink and scratched out a line. He didn’t know which version of notation to use to record the melody that had been running through his head since the bonfire a couple of nights ago. Neither one of them was proving adequate and he didn’t want to invent a third just to write down a ditty. Rána whimpered at his feet and Maglor looked at his puppy. “All right, let’s go.”

He took him outside to do his business. While waiting, Maglor frowned at noises drifting on the wind and froze when he realized it was a train of people and horses crossing the narrow bridge over the Bruinen. “Rána!”

The puppy romped over to him. “Inside.” Ready to face Thranduil he was not. And better to let Thranduil approach him on Thranduil’s own terms rather than run into him while tired from traveling.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.