Burning (Things Change) by Independence1776

| | |

Fanwork Notes

This was written for the September "In Rare Form" challenge, using the space opera genre. Yes, it's a Star Wars crossover. It counts.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Maglor and Order 66.

(A gapfiller for "Fear No Darkness.")

Major Characters: Maglor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Crossover

Challenges: In Rare Form

Rating: General

Warnings: Mature Themes

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 205
Posted on 17 September 2019 Updated on 22 August 2022

This fanwork is complete.

Burning (Things Change)

Read Burning (Things Change)

The Jedi Temple burned.

Smoke rose into the air, lit by the fire underneath-- and no fire response vehicles hovering in the air fighting it. All the HoloNet reporters had to say was that clones had marched on the Temple thanks to a rebellion. He’d muted them after hearing that. The Jedi would not have turned on the Republic.

Maglor sank into his chair in front of the holoprojector, fist pressed against his mouth. He’d lived there for over two decades, long enough that everyone on Arda considered him Jedi rather than Singer… long enough even the Jedi did, despite never officially changing his title in their records.

The Force screamed continuously, flashes of Jedi fighting and dying playing in his mind’s eye, crowding each other to the point he could barely tell one from the next.

Would the clones come for him? Or would his label as Singer protect him? Would it protect his family? Were the clones only targeting the Jedi? Why had the clones turned on their generals? And was this why the Force had counseled patience for the Fëanorians when they’d wanted to fight in the war?

Yes, the Force whispered amidst the grief and pain.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.