Dwarvish Thinking by Himring

| | |

Bonus drabble: A Matter of Helmets

Some time later, Maedhros and Azaghal discuss helmets in general and one in particular.

Drabble written for Oshun on reading her new bio of Azaghal (Azaghâl) in the Silmarillion Writers Guild newsletter for November 2014.
Also inspired by the portrait of Maedhros and Azaghal by daLomacchi and another one by megatruh.

 


‘I just like to see who I’m fighting,’ said Maedhros.

‘Hah!’ retorted Azaghal. ‘We’ll see who has the last laugh, my fine elf! You’ll regret giving away my helmet to that family of upstarts, you and your cousin, you’ll see! Telchar’s best work, no less!’

‘They were very appreciative of the honour,’ Maedhros assured him. ‘It’s just that neither my cousin nor I have…umm…the right kind of neck for it…’

Azaghal eyed him beadily.

‘You’re not by any chance implying I’m stiff-necked, are you?’ he inquired.

‘Perish the thought! No!’ exclaimed Maedhros.

‘Because you’d be right’, said Azaghal and grinned.


Chapter End Notes

The double portrait by daLomacchi is here on deviantArt. Compare this drawing by megatruh on Tumblr.

The drabble is a true one (100 words in MS Word).


Table of Contents | Leave a Comment