Passing the Test by Erulisse

| | |

Fanwork Notes

 

 

Disclaimer:  Tolkien built the sandbox, I only play with the bucket and shovel that he left for me.  No money, profit or non, is made from the publication of this story.  

 

 

 

Fanwork Information

Summary:

 

Returning to a place that she used to love, Helyanwë experiences doubt.  Written for Tolkien Weekly's drabble challenge "condition".  

 

Major Characters: Original Character(s)

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 106
Posted on 14 June 2011 Updated on 14 June 2011

This fanwork is complete.

Chapter 1

 

 

A companion story to B2ME2011 Day 30 – Homecoming

 

 

Read Chapter 1

 

Passing the Test

 

Apprehensive, Helyanwë suddenly stopped her horse at the final turn.  Forward movement was balanced on the lynchpin of her fears. 

She knew the compound well, some of her happiest times had happened here.  Then Alqualondë, the Helcaraxë, and her death and rebirth had happened.  She had not returned to Lord Aulë’s forge for more than two Ages. 

What if I am told to return to Tirion immediately?” she worried.  “Well”, she thought, as she took a deep breath and rode into the quadrangle, “if the condition for my return is to be humble, I think I can pass the test.” 

 


Chapter End Notes

I love my OFC glass worker, Helyanwë, and I hope you do too.  Please let me know by reviewing.  


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.