The Passing of the Storm by Erulisse

| | |

Fanwork Notes

 

Disclaimer:  Tolkien built the sand box; I only play with the bucket and shovel that he left for me.  No money, profit or non, is made from the publication of this story.  

 

Fanwork Information

Summary:

 

Summary:  In response to the prompt “The Tempest”, a unique look at the closing events of the Years of the Trees.  

 

Major Characters: Fëanor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 109
Posted on 23 August 2011 Updated on 23 August 2011

This fanwork is complete.

Chapter 1

Read Chapter 1

The Passing of the Storm

 

 

The clouds began gathering with the murder of the Trees.  They pulled together into a storm front with the slaying of Finwë and theft of the Silmarils and blackened with the Taking of the Oath and the Kinslaying at Alqualondë.  Lightning accompanied Mandos’ Doom, the words forbidding their return to Valinor.  But the Noldor looked ahead, not behind at the clouds, crossing east via water or the Helcaraxë. 

 

When Fëanór was slain by Morgoth, his spirit returned to be cast into the void.  “Finally,” the Valar thought, “the tempest has passed,” and they turned their backs on the fugitive Eldar.  

 


Chapter End Notes

Reviews are always appreciated.  


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.