Trust and Secrets by wind rider

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Title: Trust and Secrets
Author: Eärillë

 

Number: O67
Challenges:
1. “Beachy” and “Coastly”: Seabirds
2. Emotions: Delight
3. Finrod: the Quarter-Blood Prince: Permission to settle – building Nargothrond
4. Landscape: Canyon

 

Summary:
What might be hidden in a set of caves? What might be hidden in one’s mind? And what did a young escort get to do with it all? – Finrod went to the caves of Narog to explore and map out the area, and Elu Thingol only gave him one single escort who was just barely the age of majority. But perhaps, there was something deeper than even the deepest cave there?

 

Rating: PG
Warnings: first draft, glimpses of battle imagery

 

Characters: Finrod, OC’s
Genres: Alternate Universe, Character Study, Ficlet Series
Place: cave system by Narog River
Timeline: Beginning of First Age
Word Count (in MS Word): 2,570

 

Notes:
The story is told in a collection of ficlets, using present tense and first person point of view. The beginning parts are comprised of descriptions, and the interaction between characters in the overall piece is not that high anyway. It happens after Elu Thingol was informed of the Kinslaying at Alqualondë, hence the AU label.
The author would also like to apologise for the corny title, summary and ending. Her brain is nearly dead from the overload of work, both in RL and fandom, and her muse is currently dragging her feet without any will to live.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

What might be hidden in a set of caves? What might be hidden in one’s mind? And what did a young escort get to do with it all? – Finrod went to the caves of Narog to explore and map out the area, and Elu Thingol only gave him one single escort who was just barely the age of majority. But perhaps, there was something deeper than even the deepest cave there?

Major Characters: Finrod Felagund, Original Character(s)

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama, Horror, Mystery

Challenges: B2MeM 2012

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 2, 630
Posted on 7 March 2012 Updated on 7 March 2012

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.