Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


This is wonderful. On more levels than I can say. I died at the the diva-esque section on how painful it is that half the Sindar ignore it. Holy shit! Been there. Done that. I guess we all do, at least those of us who consider a piece of fanfiction to be worth serious effort.

"But I also know that expressing a positive opinion is only common courtesy, for a follower. Not to mention a shrewd career move.”

If he wants to know who really likes it and who says so for other reasons, he should ask again after the Havens at Sirion. That is so mean of me. Just kidding. I believe in my heart of hearts that the Noldolante has to be undescribable brilliant and anyone who did not like it could not appreciate good music. (Otherwise they could revoke my membership as a Besotted Follower of the Feanorians.)

I read this before, but enjoyed it even more this time if that is possible.

 

Well, but waiting until after the Havens would leave poor Maglor a much smaller pool of people to question...

I am sure the Noldolante was a great piece, but not, perhaps, appropriate for every mood and occasion. E.g. not the sort of thing you would play while getting ready for a party.

Anyway, thanks for reviewing. As you know, this was a very, erm, personal piece.

Thank YOU!

I suspect this is more of a bio of my beta's annoyance with me. It was also supposed to be cathartic, which worked until I realized that I had compared myself to Maglor, which does not QUITE fit.

I do think, though, that it might speak not just for me, but also for other, less drama-queen-like creators...