The Temptation of Osse by Kaylee Arafinwiel

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Valarin and older Quenya names for some of the characters are given, since this is the Beginning of the Beginning, so to speak...

Written for B2MEM 2016.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Even in the Beginning of the Beginning, Osse was drawn to Melkor's Themes, and Ulmo worried for his impetuous Maia...

Major Characters: Gothmog, Melkor, Ohtar, Ossë, Uinen, Ulmo

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges: B2MeM 2016

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 201
Posted on 4 March 2016 Updated on 4 March 2016

This fanwork is complete.

Chapter 1

Read Chapter 1

Oshosai had sung with Salmar, and Uinen, and others of his Lord’s People in the Beginning. But as the Themes continued, he hearkened to the wildness in the dissonance Mbelkoro strove to convey; breaking the consonance amongst the Ainur. He did not match Mbelkoro’s Theme, though he felt drawn to.

He would never dare to disobey their Lords so far as that. But nearby, servants of the soon-to-be Worldsmith joined with the Eldest indeed, he thought – his friend Aulendil included.  Aulendil’s voice was loud, and almost Oshosai was tempted again, but his beloved Uinen’s silent plea kept him from turning.

Cosmoco’s aura rippled with defiance, a mantle of dark fire, almost – Oshosai felt the call of Cosmoco’s seduction. Ulloboz turned to his servant as they Sang, the concern he showed surprising the younger Ainu. Ulloboz’ aura was usually shades of green, blue and purple blending harmoniously together, but there – red-orange.

*What ails thee, my lord?* Oshosai sent as they Sang. Ulluboz’ aura wrapped round him, cradling him.
*I am concerned for thee, my son,* he responded. *Thou seemest…drawn to the Singing of Mbelkoro.*
Oshosai frowned. *It seemeth…exciting, lord,* he replied. *Canst thou not hear?*
*Ignore the Eldest, Oshosai,* Ulloboz warned.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.