Another Tale of Tol Eressea by Himring

Fanwork Information

Summary:

In the uplands of Tol Eressea, there is a place devoted to memories of Middle-earth.

Major Characters: Elrond, Eärendil, Eärwen, Maedhros, Maglor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 820
Posted on 28 October 2017 Updated on 28 October 2017

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I absolutely love the idea (especially being a magpie myself for rocks and sticks and seeds and leaves and shells and feathers and old weathered bones!) of a public gathering place for all these treasures. It seems to have generated its own sanctity too—I can imagine each little item containing a power of its own with the whole being far, far greater than the sum of its parts.

The view of the three of them visiting the little bit of Tol Eressëan Middle-earth, Elrond letting them know they were with him in Imladris (oh, but of course, how else did he manage in some dark times when he was the one everyone else turned to!?), and Maglor carrying their memories on his voice...

The Guild of Rememberers. Yes. I like this. Forgettery I may have for day to day stuff, but I'm the Rememberer in our family for the important stuff, like on which beach that shell was found, what stream that pebble was picked up from, and what we were laughing or crying about at the time...

Love love love this! Thank you!