To The East by LadyBrooke

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Written for both SilmLadyLove's Femslash February Alphabet Challenge (Day 23, W, prompt Wanderer) and the Breaking Boundaries challenge.

Pairing: Andreth/Original Female Elf

Fanwork Information

Summary:

In a different world, Andreth wanders to the East and meets another wise-woman instead of Aegnor. 

Major Characters: Andreth, Original Female Character(s)

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Alternate Universe

Challenges: Breaking Boundaries

Rating: General

Warnings: Character Death

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 367
Posted on 28 February 2018 Updated on 28 February 2018

This fanwork is complete.

Chapter 1

Read Chapter 1

Andreth leaves for the East on a spring morning, mere days before the Elf-lords of the highlands are to venture near her home. Her uncle asks if she will remain to greet them, but Adanel merely smiles at her and bids her a safe journey and tells her to keep all she has been told in mind.

She keeps company with the group of Easterlings who are returning to their people until the reach the forests over the mountains. There she joins a group of Firebeards who are venturing East to see their kin, and it is from them she hears more of the Avari.

They tell her of the Windan, who live near with the Stonefoots.

The Firebeards wish to see their kin.

Andreth longs to learn all she can from their kin and to meet these elves who refused to go to Valinor, who rejected the kind of speech Andreth has heard from those Men who speak to the Noldor and then tell their kin to reject all their past knowledge.

She will not, and so she has gone east, and so she will ask these elves.

And so she does, finding the first of the Windan she can, a woman taller than Andreth but also a wise-woman of her people.

Alwind has wandered for centuries that Andreth can only dream of, but she draws Andreth into her world, conjuring visions of things that have been through song, and Andreth wanders with her and finds pleasures she had never dreamed of.

Alwind will not marry her, for the Windan do not marry, but in all other ways they love one another and Andreth delights in it. They wander together, Alwind leading the way to all the people she knows and Andreth delighting when they stumble across new ones.

Andreth dies while on a trip to meet the Kindi with Alwind. Alwind grasps her hand as she goes and whispers that when the world is unbroken, Andreth will be reborn and no longer have death imposed on her.

Alwind continues to wander and tell stories of Andreth the Wise’s journeys to the daughters of Men she meets, waiting for the breaking of the world.

 

 


Chapter End Notes

New OC.

I might write more of this, with actual exploration of their journies now that the basic idea is together.

I want more wise-women and I want Andreth to not be treated like she is by both Finrod and Aegnor. So here's Andreth with a happy femslash relationship where she gets to journey, find out new things, and meet new people.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Oh, I love that you let Andreth find love in a different place! Aegnor is such a fool in trying to escape love, and Finrod's lectures make nothing better. I thoroughly enjoyed the ease and openness with which Andreth navigates her meetings with different people, mortals and Dwarves and Avari alike. Alwind's teachings (what we see of them here) don't even contradict Finrod's, but she presents them in a much better way! Finally, I'm thrilled that Alwind continues to tell stories about Andreth after Andreth has died, turning the Elven burden of memory into something constructive, looking forward to their reunion while fondly remembering the happiness they've already had! I'd love to read more about their journeys.

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed this so much! Alwind's teachings definitely don't contradict Finrod's (except, perhaps, in how much deference she would give the Valar), but she's not as invested in being right. I plan to write more of their adventures at some point, I just need to dig out from beneath a few responsibilities first. But Andreth and Alwind will return to meet all sorts of different people. :D