Upon the Hearth by Narya

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Inspired by and written as a small gift for lynndyre, who drew this gorgeous picture for me for Innumerable Stars 2018.

I hesitated to post this separately; Lynndyre's beautiful picture has gifted me with ideas for several stories about Galadmîr, Celebrimbor, Narvi and friends, and this is really just an excerpt. In the end I decided to go for it as I have a couple of other large projects on the go, and it might be a while before any of the other stories see the light of day.

Lynndyre, thank you so much again for your gorgeous drawing. I hope you like this little offering.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Narvi is intrigued and a little unnerved by Celebrimbor's companion.  Celebrimbor is soppy about his scaly, fire-breathing friend.  Fluffy short one-shot.  Slightly AU.

Major Characters: Celebrimbor, Narvi

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Alternate Universe, General

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 137
Posted on 17 November 2018 Updated on 17 November 2018

This fanwork is complete.

Chapter 1

Read Chapter 1

Galadmîr snorted in his sleep. Narvi paused, watching smoke curl from his nostrils, and sighed with relief as the little dragon wrapped his tail delicately around his muzzle and settled against the hearth. 

"You were saying?" Celebrimbor asked, returning to the sheaves of sketched plans.

Narvi, though, was still eyeing Galadmîr, and shook her head. "I'd never have believed it, if I hadn't seen for myself. An Elf adopting a dragon..."

"Galadmîr has been in my family for a long time."

A swift, sharp look. "Now that's a story I'd very much like to hear." She jumped as Galadmîr snored again. His clawed forearm twitched as though grasping at unseen prey, and the firelight danced red as blood on his scales.

"It's alright." Celebrimbor smiled fondly as a log shifted in the grate, and sparks shot up the chimney. "He's just dreaming."


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.