Dust Clouds by The Wavesinger

| | |

Fanwork Notes

B2MeM Challenge:
This must be F/M day for me. For all it is the biggest romance story in Tolkien's work (way bigger than even Feanor/Nerdanel or Aragorn/Arwen or Hurin/Morwen, etc.) and his favorite, it is not the biggest in fandom. I would like to something more about Beren/Luthien. Any genre, any rating, any angle--heartofoshun

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Luthien rides in search of Beren.

 

I am finally cross-posting my B2MeM stories

Major Characters: Beren, Húrin, Lúthien Tinúviel

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Het, Romance

Challenges: B2MeM 2015

Rating: General

Warnings: Mature Themes

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 378
Posted on 30 October 2015 Updated on 30 October 2015

This fanwork is complete.

Dust Clouds

Read Dust Clouds

I am Lúthien Tinúviel.

I am Lúthien Tinuviel, daughter of Melian and Thingol, and I thought I would never be betrothed to any man.

I am Lúthien Tinuviel, daughter of Melian and Thingol, and I love Beren son of Barahir. He, too, loves me.

The love I bear him is not the only reason I ride madly towards the Pass of Sirion, for this command of my father’s is madness and cruelty. I do not understand what he hopes to achieve, for he is not normally harsh, but whatever wrongs have been done to my beloved must be redressed.

Besides, it is folly for him, a mere mortal, to even think of walking into Angband and stealing a Silmaril. Only he who has lost all hope would allow himself to contemplate that, and so I fear for Beren. So, indeed, I fear for myself, but I cannot begin to think of that.

The dust billows around me, and my faithful friend carries me into the jaws of death.

 

“Do not ever do that again,” I say to him.

“I cannot allow you to put yourself in danger.” He is stubborn, as mortal men are; his pride and chivalry are frustrating even my patience.

“You are in more danger than I am, my love,” I tell him.

He shakes his hair out of his face. Oh how I long to touch that hair, that skin, that face, though some part of me still entrenched in the customs of Doriath screams against it. Beren has no such constraints, but I do not think such gestures are part of his nature, for he has dwelt alone for many years. His face is not beautiful, but the thoughts that are so clearly painted on it are.

I know that he will not give in today. The truth, though, is one which he must have realized—if this quest is to be attempted, I must go with him.

I do not speak my thoughts aloud, and neither does he. Instead, we eat in silence, watching the twinkle of the small fire we dared strike up.

Soon, I drift into half-wakefulness, my lids dropping heavily.

It is only as I fall asleep that I register that his hand has crept to my hair.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.