Saying Goodbye by The Wavesinger

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Once upon a time, this was supposed to be smut. Then the smut somehow turned into contextless angst.

Written for the Tolkien Femslash Week Femslash Bingo.

Card: Cliches, Fluff, and TLC
Prompt: O44 (forehead touching)

Card: Women of Númenor 
Prompt: G36 (Fíriel) 

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Fíriel spends one last night with her lady.

Major Characters: Fíriel, Original Female Character(s)

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Slash/Femslash

Challenges: Tolkien Femslash Week Bingo

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 125
Posted on 21 July 2016 Updated on 21 July 2016

This fanwork is complete.

Saying Goodbye

Read Saying Goodbye

“I do not want to leave, my lady,” Fíriel says.

 

“I do not want you to leave,” Mírlótë replies, and her breath puffs against Fíriel's mouth, her skin pressing on Fíriel's where their foreheads touch. “But there is nothing to be done.” Mírlótë cannot associate closely with openly Faithful people, or even have them in her household, if there is to be someone who can counterbalance the new King without arousing too much suspicioun.

 

“I—” Fíriel swallows, and stops. This same conversation has been had before, and Fíriel leaves tomorrow. It is a waste of words, a waste of time, to go over it again.

 

And so they sit on Mírlótë's bed, foreheads touching, and wait, silently, for the night to pass.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.