I called it Fate that I should fail by AdmirableMonster

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Title from "The Light and the Sea" by Dar Williams.

This fic is (clearly) a part of my Steampunk Númenor series, but it functions as an AU from the perspective of the series.  It is left deliberately ambiguous/unclear as to whether it also functions as an AU from the perspective of canon.

Many thanks to Aprilertuile for beta-ing!

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Nimruzimir, a natural philosopher recently out of his apprenticeship, hardly considers himself very important to anyone, least of all his colleagues.  When his strange, prophetic fits bring him to the attention of the High Priest, however, he may find that his existence is less superfluous than he had originally thought. 

 

Major Characters: Original Character(s), Unnamed Canon Character(s), Sauron

Major Relationships: Unnamed Canon Character/Original Character, Original Character & Unnamed Canon Character, Sauron & Unnamed Canon Character

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Hurt/Comfort, Science Fiction

Challenges:

Rating: Adult

Warnings: Expletive Language, In-Universe Intolerance, Mature Themes, Torture

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 10, 225
Posted on 9 June 2024 Updated on 15 July 2024

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


THIS IS SO GREAT i love nimruzimir and lilóteo and their debate on light i’m rooting for them to figure out they’re both right. nimruzimir has no clue what’s going on and that’s SO valid of him. he doesn’t want to be a prophet he just wants to argue about philosophy!!