Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I've just realised that although the centering and bold text have copied across, the italics have not: I'll have to go back through and put them back in!   I hope it doesn't make Feanor's dialogue too hard to read.   This sort of thing is the reason I haven't got to copying across all of Return to Aman yet! 

Really liked the fight between Fëanor and Sauron. It reminds of the song contest between Finrod and Sauron, and the images used were great: kinslaying versus the humiliation of Melkor! I hope for some Fëanor versus Melkor now, and wonder if Fëanor will ultimatly go to Mandos and meet with Fingolfin again.

“Thank you,” Elrond said, his eyes bright with laughter. “I’d hate to feel my education lacked something compared with a century or so of the finest teaching in Tirion, despite war, orcs and the Black Enemy of All the World.” 

I really love this chapter it is one of my favorites. I know these comments I am leaving are insufficient. Sometimes I can write long rambling comments and other times I can't, but I just want you to know how much I love details of this story.

Elrond's curiosity and his optimism are young Elrond as I have always imagined him!

Oh I was so happy to see another chapter. What a lovely end. I like the fact that Celebrimbor wears the Star, even though it is hard. And that he staus among the remnants of the Fëanorion loyalists and free thralls.

His conversation with Elrond reveals so much of both of them. I'm glad Elrond is looking, has thought it out and that they both agree some shouting is necessary. Their palpable frustration that they missed signs of what Maedrhos and Maglor would do in the end and that they were deceived rings true. 

Elrond's to speak for them is just right--as we know from your others fics he does accomplish that. And poor Celebrimbor is right--Fëanor's grandson sailing into Alqualondë demanding a Silmaril is asking for trouble. But the advice to seek out Finrod--because he knows everyone and that he of all people would still be willing to help is perfect.

and I loved the twist at the end! That Fëanor wrote and rewrote this history and that it changed in the retelling and is waiting to be found in Elrond's vast library. 

Im glad he kept his promise to Maedhros--that really mattered to Maedhros and I'm relieved Fëanor respected that.