Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I am having a total senior moment! What does Erinyator mean? I know that I know the word but I cannot remember it! Help!

I love this story. Maedhros angst is not something I am guaranteed to like for the suffering alone! (I am a total wimp--how does someone like me fall I love with The Silmarillion? It was a no brainer--I am proof there is an underpining of hope there if one wants to find it.) I like your element of character study and introspection in this story. He is probably my favorite Silmarillion character with Fingon my second and Elrond running a close third! Gold, silver, and bronze! No way I could not love this interpretation.

Beautifully done--self-blame and guilt aside, it shows that Maedhros holds the ability to feel tenderness for Elrond and behind that lies a foreshadowing of his redemption. It will be a hard battle and there will be one more big mistake before things start to get better. But I refuse to condemn Maedhros...I know that is just me. I do believe in hope and forgiveness--and a weight of small details throughout Tolkien's story convince me that Maedhros deserves it.

Erinyator means Little Healer- I am so sorry, I should have added that as a note!

I am so flattered that you love this story:) Made my day! I agree- I don't like to see characters suffering for the sake of the suffering, especially not Maedhros for whom I have such a deep affection- I think Tolkien really punishes him...I keep wanting to find little bits of happiness for him and I like the idea that Elrond brought him some.

 

Thank you so much for the review- I was a bit nervous posting it here amongst such great fanfic writers.