Her Black Prince Vorandil Aglamir by JT Tomas

| | |

Chapter 2


Chapter 2

"I can't stand him!" Kyron fumed as he walked over broken liquor bottles and crack pipes. They lived in the notorious Charles Vil Housing Projects, nicknamed "Charaq Iraq" for short. Ten horizontal apartment-buildings made of decayed red bricks, covered in snow (it was November) and bullet holes. The projects were under the control of a dangerous street gang called

"CV Murder Mob ". CVM2 was graffiti all across the walls of the apartments.

The majority of the most active members were black teenagers, they sold drugs to dope fiends in the alleyways, committed murders with the machine guns they hid in trash cans and picked on Kyron religiously. The Section 8 program that Kyron and his mother lived on covered most of the expenses for their home and Rashad received a monthly social security check for "disability" that helped pay for groceries. But that still didn't give him the right to disrespect Kyron, or call his mother out her name when his drinking buddies came.

"When his social worker comes over, it's oh my back is so sore, I can barely walk to the store." Kyron mocked in Rashad's raspy voice while he walked through the parking lot , " but when he's got a c rack pipe in his hand whole act goes out the freaking window."

He walked to the street corner of the apartment complex, then turned left at the main boulevard, leaving the landscape of poorly painted homes, and wandering homeless that surrounded Charles Vil Housing projects. Twenty minutes of walking down the road took Kyron to the central sector of his city, a myriad of fast food restaurants, mom & pop shops and of course his high school, the second part of his daily misery.

I already deal with enough BS at home; I don't see why I have to put up with it at school, He thought gloomily as he walked, making sure not to step on the bodies bundled in blankets and cardboards that slept on the pavement.

Every day that Kyron went to lunch he walked the school courtyard like a lonely vagabond, every once in a while lifting his head to look at the groups of kids taking selfies and gossiping about the newest Nicki Minaj song..

Its like I live in a world set aside from theirs.

As Kyron walked the neighborhood started to shift from the small shack-like houses of Westside Portela into four bedroom suburban homes of Central. The city, Portela, MS was a small one, about 70,000 residents at the most, but the lines of social class were very blurred, it was not uncommon to find a rich kid from the affluent eastside visiting the ghetto with a few friends he met from high school.

For it being a relatively small city there actually was a lot of things to do for fun. In the northern part of the city was a large shopping mall that was always packed on weekends, in the wealthy district on the eastside was a long street call Merry Ave that was lined with dozens of bars and nightclubs and in the neighborhood around Kyron's school was a lot of little entertainment and hangout spots, the most popular of them being an old-school style movie theater called "Johnny's". On the theater's walls facing the side walk were tall posters for

all the new movies playing now, and on the right-side of the ticket booth they

still had playing times for Lord of The Rings Return of The King, which over ten years ago had produced there biggest premiere night of a movie ever. Kyron was too young to go see it then, but long after that he had watched reruns of the movie while at his grandmas home with eyes wide as baseballs, his mind finding an odd solace in the bright world of fantasy that opposed his ghetto and lonely reality.

He stopped at the crosswalk in front of a small brightly colored restaurant called Sac's tasty hot dogs that was directly across the street from his high school. He unwillingly drew back into reality from a daydream that involving him flying high over a world of floating cliffs with puffy clouds covering them just before he was about to cross.

Jesse Bethel High School, tan colored buildings, green field's stupid kids and craigslist hired teachers. One thing he could honestly say about the school was there was something, alwayssomething crazy happening that garnered city-wide attention. From the stabbings, shootouts and riots between rival gang members to the cheerleaders getting caught having sex in empty classrooms, or the frequent dope dealer getting caught selling to a philosophy teacher, but other than that, it was as normal as any other school.

Kyron walked in the front building and looked at the wall to his left, A yellow and black jaguar, the school's mascot, was painted above a tall grandfather clock that read 7:45am, breakfast ended at 7:40 am and his first class was at 7:55am.

"I guess it's cool; I don't need a reason to gain any more weight." he joked halfhearted.

From the attendance office on his right a glass door opened and out walked a pretty Mexican girl wearing a pink hoodie and stylish army fatigues. Kyron caught the girls eye and gave a

friendly smile, she rolled her eyes in return and walked past him without saying a word. His eyes followed the girls hips down the hallway where a crowd of Northface coats,

Truk-fit beanies and LRG sweaters herded to class. All of them laughing and gossiping with each other about the videos they had watched before coming to school on Vine and Worldstar Hip Hop. Most were talking about the newest internet prank, a camera phone

video prank of walking up to unwary victims who wore ugly shoes while recording yourself and yelling, "WHAT ARE THOSE!?".

Kyron sighed and turned down the hallway corridor, he tried not to bump into anybody

That might pick on him on. The shiny yellow hallways of the school were covered with old trophy cases and ancient pictures of former athletes and debate teams.

As soon as he was in the main flow of student traffic the assault began. Unidentified hands slapped the side of his head and the back of his neck leaving stinging pains, words like bitch boy, retard and ugly serenaded his ears like obscene musicals from all directions. He just continued walking, shoulders slumped, his head ducked down and gaze focused on the white tile of the hallways while struggling with the urge to cry.

There was a time when he would have attempted to at least look at who was hitting him or try to run away from the torment, but it would be to no avail. The last time he had done that the situation only worsened and ended with a video that went viral around the school of him

Being hit over the head with one of the clocks that hung in the hallway wall. It happened the same day as his birthday actually.

Finally after what felt like an eternity Kyron turned left into the classroom doorway, the insults following close behind him into his geography class. The classroom was decorated with pictures of mountains, continental maps and a timeline of geographic discoveries throughout the years.

Inside the class was almost as loud as outside, with kids chatting, texting and discussing life more interesting than the ones they had in the classroom.

Pretty girls with winter leggings and uggs laughed and flirted with the loud boys wearing snapback fitted caps and diamond studs in their ears, nerds and emos dressed in all black clothing that had bold statements on the front like "murder is natural or Jesus was born out of wedlock " sat in the corner, desk turned to each other trading magic gathering cards. And on the side of the wall close to the windows, were sitting the three guys in the school that Kyron hated more than life itself, two of them the school treated like gods; Devon, Ronnie and Marcus.

Devon, the leader of the clique, was a star footballer/wannabe gangbanger, six foot two, caramel skin complexioned , with a face like a handsome lizard And wavy hair. He loved to start problems and pick on people (particularly Kyron); he was from the infamous Crestside, a Neighborhood on the Northside of city and was part of a younger set of the Crips called Crestside Cutthoats. Their reputation for countless robberies and kidnappings ran citywide. Devon was their most popular member, although more for his football skills rather than his criminal activities.

Ronnie was a dark skinned senior with long dreadlocks and a mouth that almost never closed. He was short, just a little taller than Kyron with almost no athletic or fighting ability, but he did have the knowledge to stick around people who he knew could backup the insults he constantly spewed.

Finally there was the most feared student in the school and maybe the entire city, Marcus, an eighteen year old junior (held back twice) who stood about 6,4, with an oversized fat face, pockmarked forehead ,cold heartless eyes and fat bulging from all sides of his body. He was the lead member of the "CV Murder Mob" of Kyron's neighborhood. The members of his gang did drug business with the Crips of The Crest so naturally he and Devon were pretty close.

What Marcus lacked in good looks and social skills he made up for being feared as the realest member of the CV Murder Mob, God only knew how much blood he shed throughout the city, whether midnight or broad daylight.

All three loved to beat-up Kyron, following him from the classroom all the way to the lunchroom with punches and insults like there was a force field attracting them to him... although truthfully Kyron got that reaction from almost everybody.

When Kyron sat down at his desk in the middle row of the classroom the three boys stopped talking immediately. Grins split their faces in half like Halloween pumpkins.

"Look at this ugly n***a that walked in here ." Ronnie exclaimed with shock, "My n***a, a gopher prolly pull more bitches than you ."

"Bruh, what you wearing?! N***a is that Goodwiil? Devon added, grabbing his sides as he roared with laughter.

"All that sh*t he wearing gonna be red by the time I'm done." Sneered Marcus, he cracked his giant knuckles with anticipation.

Everybody in the classroom laughed at Kyron while the relentless taunting continued. Every time he tried to ignore the teasing, a piece of gum or a paper ball hit him in the side of the head.

"Man, why do I even come to school? "He wondered miserably, because the torment is even worse at home. Rashad laughing with a beer bottle in one hand and a blunt in the other floated in his mind.

Just when he thought he was going to quit school for good and the last insult left Marcus's mouth he heard a cheerful laugh and looked at the classroom door. Nicole, his crush and the most prettiest girls in the school walked in with her two best friends Maria and Sammy.

Maria was a varsity cheerleader with shiny dark hair long tan legs and a beautiful smile who dated Ronnie; she blew a kiss at him when she walked in the classroom that made him stop teasing Kyron for a minute to smile at her. Sammy was a cheerleader too, a dark skinned girl with perfectly shaped lips and a body made of curves to die for, but Kyron only had eyes for Nicole. People always said she looked like a younger version of Jessica Alba. She had a beautiful face, slim body, bright white teeth and her light use of makeup with a faithful daily style of Hollister and Abercrombie along with long flowing brown hair and hazel eyes gave her a natural look that made Kyron's blood rush to all the right and wrong areas. Together they were the stereotypical group of cheerleaders whom all the boys wanted.

The stream of insults stopped long enough for Maria to walk to Ronnie give him a kiss and playfully shove him after he made about her new backpack. Sammy and Nicole, instead of following Maria to the corner of Kyron's antagonists, sat at two desks in the middle row. Nicole recently broke up with Devon and was trying hard to avoid speaking with him.

The rumor was that Devon had secretly cheated on her with one of the senior cheerleaders from their rival high school, Nicole had found out by her cousin who had spotted them together at a Starbucks, took a picture of them and sent it to Nicole. But either way, it didn't stop a stubborn Devon from smiling with that cocky smirk of his and making duckfaces while she ignored him with a stony expression. Nicole set her Hollister backpack on the classroom floor and talked to Sammy with her back towards Devon and his friends.

Just as intuition told Kyron that the jokes were going to begin again Mr. Sagnam walked in the classroom. A tall and stick-figure teacher with broken glasses and a receding hairline (the glasses broken from him being tripped so many times .), he was wearing wrinkled black slacks a white dress shirt and shoes that looked like-

" WHAT ARE THOSE ?!" a boy named Keith yelled from the back, pointing towards the fading loafers on Mr. Sagnams feet. The whole classroom burst into laughter, even Kyron couldn't resist cracking a smile.

"Alright class, that is enough, that is enough," the teacher said in his nasally voice, after setting his briefcase on the desk , drumming his fingers on the desk impatiently. "I've told you all many times, outside of these doors you can be kindergarteners, but inside this classroom you are high school students."

"Then what the hell are you on the outside that you look so f****d up on the inside?" Ronnie

Shot back and laughter ripped through the classroom again.

"ha ha ha, okay class joke time is over, I want silence or the next person that talks is getting sent straight to the office".

The class finally fell silent, Devon threw one last kiss at Nicole, in response she rolled her eyes and tried even harder to ignore him. Devon frowned in frustration and turned to whisper something to Marcus.

While Mr. Sagnam rambled about hidden valleys and longitude measurements, Kyron snuck sideways glances at the curve of Nicole's face, she stared at the chalkboard with her head tilted to the side in boredom. He knew good and well he had no chance of being with her, he was nowhere as good looking as Devon, nor as popular but every time he passed her in the hallway, wrapped lovingly in Devon arms while they were together, staring up at his face with adoration, he could never stop the longing he felt in his heart that plagued his heart and even followed him to the gunshot projects he lived in.

can't even compare to someone like Devon he thought and laid his head down on the desk after peeking one last glance at her green eyes. hell the best I can do for her is teach her who not to hang out with. He turned his thoughts from Nicole and tried to focus on the gibberish written on the chalkboard, who knows? She'll never call me cute but if I focus she might could call me smart.

"Sire" said suddenly a soft voice inside his head.

Kyron laughed to himself silently at the thought, Yeah, like she would ever call me that .

"Sire." The voice repeated again,

Kyron frowned, wait a minute,

"Sire." The voice repeated again.

Kyron raised his head from the desk, the voice wasn't coming from somewhere in the room he looked around at the bored faces staring blankly at the chalkboard, not one person was even leaning in his direction.

Am I tripping right now? He wondered.

"Sire, over here." The voice said again from near the side of the classroom, this time with a little more impatience.

Kyron looked in the direction where he heard the voice and his eyes widened with surprise. On the window-sill , few desks ahead of where Devon sat, stood a little furry creature. He looked like a ferret with white and black fur , tiny horns on his head and wore clothes that looked like they came from an Victorian style consignment shop.

Kyron's mouth dropped open and he looked around, nobody else was seeing this.

He rubbed his eyes before blinking three times and squinting, the little thing was still there, and he was also holding something, a little key in one hand and in the other balancing what looked a diamond egg traced with gold letter

HOUSE OF FINWE

How do I know it says that?

The little creature sat the egg down , found a little hole on its surface and inserted the key. He turned towards Kyron and met his gaze with orb- like blue eyes.

" I have a message to deliver to you."

" A , a message? " Kyron said quietly, scared someone would hear him.

The creature rolled his eyes. "Yes smart one a message."

"From who?" Kyron asked."

The little creature ignored his question and turned the key and the acorn cracked open "My lord has summoned you, it is time for you to come home… bring a change of underwear."

. A silver ball of light, even smaller than the acorn floated from inside the shell. The light expanded and grew brighter while a light tune started to play, a beautiful tune, A sensation of total peace washed over Kyron's body and his shoulders slumped.

Oh my god that is beautiful. He thought. It was like listening to church bells ring in the distance, it's melody cascading over his ears like the current in a waterfall, then the tune amplified and sped up pace, his eyes started drooping as it got louder, The light got brighter and enveloped the whole classroom, then suddenly his classmates, the teacher, all of it vanished from his vision. Kyron's eyes opened wide, he stood up from his desk in shock. Instead of green walls with maps and latitude measurements he was surrounded by a dark blue field as far as the eye could see, gigantic grey clouds soaring around him like wispy grey cruise ships. Kyron turned his head around, there was no student, teacher or desk in sight for miles, not even the one he was just been sitting in.

"Where am I?" He muttered.

Suddenly on the horizon, a silver light shot into the sky, its rays illuminating the dark world around him and falling onto Kyron shoulders. Once the light touched his skin, his body erupted with warmth.

What's going on?! He panicked and felt a strange peeling sensation around his arms.

he looked down at his hands, to his shock the skin on them blew off into Golden wisps and green sparks. He raised both hands to his face, the wisps of magic burning away revealed another pair of ebony hands with long smooth fingers, on his left hand was a glowing golden ring, a single red stone in it's center surrounded by sun rays.

"It's beautiful." He marveled.

"Open yours mi lord." whispered countless tones of remarkable harmony in his ear."

"They are already open."

"Open your eyes again milord ."

Kyron closed his eyes and opened them again, this time his eyesight stretched past the silver light onto a Magnificent city. Its golden walls surrounded obelisk-like towers and high roofed mansions, his eyesight allowing him to even see the sapphire diamonds that made the avenues and streets in between, their cobblestones and pavement blazing with blue fire.

It's beautiful." Kyron marveled, almost to tears at its beauty.

But there was more, in the midst of the sapphire streets was the outline of a man, probably the tallest man he had ever seen in his life walking toward the shores of the metropolis, towards him.He wore a long black coat and awide brimmed travelers hat The man's face was obscured by a light, but on the man's hand shone a single gem with a golden light, a ring, like the one Kyron wore on his new left hand.

"The Court of your ancestors waits," A group of the loveliest voices he ever heard, sang.

"For me?"

" Only you, we are waiting for you" a choir of voices sang from its shores.

Kyron stared at the amazing city, and then felt a longing stronger than any he had ever known build in his heart.

"We have always waited."

"I am coming." Kyron croaked.

"It is time for you to return home, we are waiting for you.."

"I am coming."

"We have been patient for so long please don't make us suffer your absence even longer."

"No! Wait please I am coming!" he yelled and ran towards the beautiful city, I have to ge there Manehre ! ge tthere croaked,o aa

Boom! He collided into the back of the boy sitting in front of him stumbling to the classroom floor in shock.

" What the hell is wrong with you Bruh?!" the boy sitting in front of him roared.

Kyron jumped up with surprise and looked around startled.

"Thomas! " Mr Sagnam snapped. The whole class was looking at him with amused grins on their faces.

THANK YOU FOR READING MY ART! PLEASE LEAVE REVIEWS AND FAVORITE IF YOU ENJOY!


Table of Contents | Leave a Comment