Her Black Prince Vorandil Aglamir by JT Tomas

| | |

Chapter 1

Please feel free to leave reviews and share with friends!!


Chapter 1

Pop!

SHATTER!

The gunshot outside made Kyron leap back in surprise, the cereal bowl he was holding in his hand shattered on the tile floor.

"Dang it!" He said and grabbed the broom from behind the refrigerator to sweep up the shards. "Who the heck is shooting at 7 of clock in the morning?" he said. "Jesus aint even up this early!"

Kyron swept up the pieces hastily "I didn't even get to pour the cereal in the bowl." He grumbled. After dumping the shards in the trash can, he tiptoed to the kitchen -cabinet, hoping he could eat at least bowl of cereal before Rashad woke up and cussed him out.

ere a cartoon character kihen wall lik]Maybe I can still make it without him getting-

" Lo and behold! I knew it had to be yo fat ass in here making all that damn noise." A raspy voice croaked that made Kyron's heart stop.

Up.

He turned from the cabinets; Rashad stood at the hallway entrance behind him with a sneer on his lips. He was wearing grey sweatpants, a dirty white tank top and scratching his wrist in a way that showed he smoked more than cigarettes in his free time. Kyron always wondered what his mother saw in him, with his pockmarked brown skin, faded tattoos and long grey speckled dread locks he looked a dying lion.

"What the hell you trying to devour now bitch?" Rashad snapped, "My grocery bill already high enough as it is."

Take some money out of your crack budget and it probably wouldn't be so bad. Kyron thought.

"I just wanted to eat some cereal."

"No, what your fat ass wanted to do was eat all the cereal." Rashad snorted and wiped his nose with a dirty nailed finger," Look here you little bastard, last I check school ain't stop serving breakfast. Maybe if you Wobble yo ugly piggly wiggly ass up there you'd catch it. Now get the hell outta my kitchen!"

"But I woke up late today; breakfast ends at 7:45 and its 7:22, I might not make it in time." Kyron pleaded.

Rashad's sneer widened and he walked towards Kyron. "Well then you wasn't that hungry in the first place huh?" Suddenly He backhand slapped Kyron on the side of the face, so hard that his body hit the kitchen floor.

"Now I'm gonna tell you this one more time get the hell outta my kitchen." Rashad roared. Kyron rubbed the spot on his face where Rashad slapped him, "yes sir. "He stood up slowly and left the kitchen with his head down.

Before walking out the front door, he measured himself on the door-frames edge. When Kyron was younger he had marked the peeling paint with blue marker to track his height. He traced the marks with his fingers and sighed, at sixteen years old he barely cleared 5'2.

My dreams of catching a growth spurt are hopeless. He thought somberly. Kyron's mother had said that before he died, his father was a very tall and beautiful man, with a powerful and sparkling presence. Apparently these were genetic traits that skipped Kyron, because he was far from charismatic, his face, with its telephone-pole lips and sad eyes was the opposite of beautiful ,and as far as size, it looked like he was doomed to be the height of a seventh grader for the rest of his life..

Kyron picked up his backpack and slung it over his shoulder before opening the door to the cold landscape. It had been going on like this for years, since Rashad moved in with Kyron and Keisha( Kyron's mother), life had been a living hell. He treated Kyron like he was his slave, cussed him out at every chance and beat on Kyron regularly, assaulting him inside and outside the apartment to the amusement of his neighbors. In fits of tears from the purple and red welts on his skin, Kyron would run to his mother and beg her to kick Rashad out.

"Why do you keep making him mad?" Keisha always responded accusingly "If you wouldn't be the problem, then there wouldn't be a problem."

Then she would close her eyes and rub her temples, like she was trying to convince herself of a false truth. "He really does loves you Kyron, he just has a strange way of showing it."

That was always his mom's defense for him, "he loves you he just has a strange way of showing it."

Hell, The Pope himself could come to his mother, look her dead in the face and tell her that she sleeps in the bed every night with a no good, lazy, drugged out, alcoholic lowlife who was just using her to have a roof over his head while he snorted cocaine and got high off of pills, she would still come to his defense.

"Close my door you half retarded bastard!" Rashad yelled from the kitchen, Kyron stepped onto the lightly snowed porch and pulled the door shut. He sighed and raised his head to stare at the white sky above him.

Lord, somehow please let this day to turn out better than it began. But Kyron knew it wouldn't change, his life was trapped in an endless cycle of pain that started at home and finished at the schoolhouse. Yet despite the hopeless vision of the world surrounding him, a change of fate approached that he could never imagine.

THANK YOU FOR READING MY ART! PLEASE LEAVE REVIEWS AND FAVORITE IF YOU ENJOY!


Table of Contents | Leave a Comment