Under strange stars by Idrils Scribe

| | |

Chapter 11


Under Strange Stars was the very first story I ever wrote, and on reading it again while I worked on 'The Art of Ending' I couldn't help but notice that it showed. The contrast with 'Northern Skies', the trilogy's final installment, was stylistic whiplash.

This realization (and the inherent cringe factor of seeing your own earliest work!) inspired a major rewrite in order to unify the series and smooth out some minor inconsistencies. What you see now is not a new story but I do think it's a better one, and its style and language fit the rest of the series. The themes and plotlines now tie together all the way through to 'Northern Skies'.

I did keep 'Under Strange Stars' exclusively in Glorfindel's point of view, but 'Sun and Shadow' and 'The Art of Ending' have been added to the series to show Elrohir's side of the story. I might do more stories like these in the future, and I'm very open to reader suggestions about which scenes you'd like to see retold in Elrohir's POV!

What do you think of the new and improved Under Strange Stars? Whether you're reading the story for the very first time or have known it from the very beginning, I'd love to hear your thoughts on it. Please consider leaving me a comment, some kudos or a bookmark.

Idrils Scribe


Table of Contents | Leave a Comment