The Art of Speech Through Smithcraft by Idrils Scribe

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Written for the Tolkien Reverse Summer Bang 2018. 

Inspired by the beautiful art of @stripedroseandsketchpads, which can be found here: http://stripedroseandsketchpads.tumblr.com/post/177803518869/the-art-of-speech-through-smithcraft
Her encyclopedic knowledge of historical weapons and armour saved me from more than one silly impossibility. Thank you so much!
Another big thanks to Dawn Felagund for heroically wrestling all those Findekàno's for me, and sorting through my rambling philosophizing about motives and oaths.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Whenever Celebrimbor dared to dwell on what awaited in the Halls of Mandos, he expected punishment. He was no Kinslayer, but some of his deeds in life might be considered grave crimes in their own right.
He had been wrong. When the Doomsman summoned the fëa that once was the son of Curufin to his grim presence, all he asked was a simple question.
"Tell me a story."
Celebrimbor could not help but obey.
 
The tale, in his own words, of how a young Celebrimbor rode to war for the first time, and began the slow disintegration of his relationship with his father.

Major Characters: Celebrimbor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Violence (Moderate)

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 5 Word Count: 7, 262
Posted on 11 September 2018 Updated on 11 September 2018

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.