Forest on a cliffside by anriondrakonion

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Maglor/ Daeron

It's not slash if you squint. 

But squint really hard. 

And ignore the deliberate Thingol/ Melian parallel. 

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Maglor and Daeron. 
My take on a meeting, after everything. 
Short and, I hope, sweet.

Major Characters: Daeron, Maglor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Romance, Slash/Femslash

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 178
Posted on 26 February 2019 Updated on 26 February 2019

This fanwork is complete.

Forest on a cliffside

Read Forest on a cliffside

In sorrow he had wandered, until he found Daeron. Or maybe Daeron found him. He was not sure.
It had been on a cliff, where the forest met the sea. He had sung, his Noldolantë, and a voice had answered with a song- a song that carried the same kind of loss and grief.

They found each other there on the cliffside, in the forest. There were no words, there were no need for any words. They stood, in silence, while the stars wheeled in the sky and the trees grew around them. Then he had moved forward- or was that Daeron? Memories from before were fragmeted, sea, song, spray, and stone, dulled and fogged by pain, loneliness, and the heart's wound of grief. By comparison, this was as clear as the waters of Gelion before the breaking of Beleriand, but the memory was hazy nonetheless. 

But they met, in between his sea and Daeron's forest, and in all the ages since, both the long ones of the world, and the short years of Men, they had not parted.


Chapter End Notes

Gelion because it flowed near Maglor's gap, and he would have been familiar with it.

Criticism welcomed- I wrote this in a burst of inspiration at 1am, as you do, and I hadn't written any Tolkien fanfiction before.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.