Other Physics by Lferion

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Written For the Silmarillion Writer's Guild February 2020 Crackuary Bingo Challenge. Fill for I-5: The Dome of Varda is Real.

Many thanks to Runa and Morgynleri for encouragement and sanity-checking.

On AO3

Fanwork Information

Summary:

One could fall up forever, did not the ground hold fast.

Major Characters:

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Crackfic, Fixed-Length Ficlet

Challenges: Crackuary

Rating: General

Warnings:

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 100
Posted on 9 March 2020 Updated on 9 March 2020

This fanwork is complete.

Other Physics

Read Other Physics

In Middle Earth, after the Sundering, the stars became, (were revealed to be) great furnaces, globes of fire, (all but one: the Silmaril bourne by Earendil shone upon Arda and Aman, unchanged), the Sun their incandescent sibling; the heavens were no ceiling, no over-arching vault, but vasty deeps, endless to eye or lens or instrument of art. One could fall up forever, did not the ground hold fast.

Yet in Aman a different physics held: the plane encircled, the Sea that touched all shores, and over all the crystal sphere: the Dome of Varda’s stars, high and hard and bright.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.